Unsealed Roads Team Leader
Port Macquarie, NSW
Applications Close Sunday 28 April 2019 11:30pm
About the Role
Within this role you shall be required to lead and supervise maintenance activities across Council’s unsealed roads and rural network. Specifically, you shall be required to:
- Ensure the unsealed roads grading programme remains on schedule and reprioritise works as required
- Extract gravel from local quarries for resheeting of unsealed roads as required
- Co-ordinate vegetation trimming as required.
- Coordinate weed spraying activities with other Council sections
- Manage resourcing and programmed works in conjunction with Coordinator.
As this is a team leader role you shall also be required to provide training, supervision guidance and mentoring support to a small team.
To be successful in this role you shall require:
- A current Class C driver's licence.
- Significant experience in onsite supervision of field staff & contractors in civil roads maintenance works or in a similar civil works field (including grading, gravel resheeting, pavement repairs, pothole repairs and vegetation management).
- Significant experience in hands on unsealed road maintenance activities.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and set out civil infrastructure works from plans.
- Demonstrated experience and qualifications to select and implement Traffic Control Plans (TCPs) for maintenance works under live traffic.
- Operate a grader to a high standard
This is a full time, permanent role, with remuneration in the range of $55,572 - $62,546 per annum (depending on skills and experience), plus 9.5% superannuation. This role is 38 hours a week, with access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours policy.
A tool of trade vehicle option is available to the successful candidate.
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council is located on the mid north coast of NSW and is one of Australia’s fastest growing regions. We are conveniently located between Sydney and Brisbane and cover an area of 3,686 square kilometers. We support a community over 81,000 and are growing by a further 20,000 in coming years.
About our Region
Upon commencement you shall call ‘home’ one of the East Coasts most enviable locations. With a stunning hinterland full of walking trails, waterfalls and wildlife, miles of pristine beaches, a balanced lifestyle with city access and country hospitality, the mid-north coast is the perfect region to discover arts, culture, sport, nature, and delicious food and wine.
If you have any questions with regards to this role please contact Greg Philp - Unsealed Roads and Vegetation Coordinator on 02 6581 8168
Interested in applying?
Before you apply for the job please read the position description and recruitment selection criteria below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the Selection Criteria, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter.
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
All applications must be submitted no later than Sunday 28 April 2019 11:30pm
Note: Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical, or similar positions for a period of 12 months.